Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Pink Flower

I was reading a book, lying next to my 5 year old. It's our chill out time. He brings all his soft toys on my king sized bed. We read a book together. Then I read my book and he plays quietly with toys, enacting quiet fights among them (!)

Anyway, he suddenly looked over at me and asked, Are you reading a love book for your husband?

I looked at the cover of my book. Its title is: Sacred Influence - How God uses Wives to Shape the Souls of Their Husbands.

I was intrigued. How did he know it is a 'love book for you husband?'

So I asked him.

He said, the cover of the book is pink so it is about love. The picture on the book is a big flower so it means mummy giving a flower to daddy because she loves him.

Voila! So Simple....duh....

Never under estimate the power of observation of a child.

By the way, it is a very good book, author is Gary Thomas. He also wrote Sacred Marriage and Sacred Parenting. I am much inspired.....

No comments:

-->