Saturday, August 15, 2009

I am back!!!

Hello folks....sorry for the very long silence. I have been distracted, preoccupied, busy....and lazy...!!!

Just came back from attending a music workshop in Singapore. It was an inspiring time. It was a Dalcroze workshop - learning music through movement. The presented is a 74 years old (!!!) lady called Joan Pope. Honestly, I haven't seen such a sprightly 74 year old before...she danced, she leaped, she skipped, she sang, and played the piano...talked from 9am - 4 pm every day for three consecutive days. I found out later that the 3 day workshop I attended was just the tip of an iceberg. Joan went on to give another 6 day workshop after we left. Just thinking about it makes me breathless!

As I said, it was an amazing time. Hah...I did complained about my poor achy bones during the workshop but truly I came back, freshly inspired and challenged to practice what I have learned.

Today was the first lesson for two of my music classes....it's really great to see all the kids again, and I hope to continue to make music class a fun and learning experience for them.

And...I promise to write more often ya....

1 comment:

Fee said...

Hi sue
you went to Singapore!? and adam with the snake too!
but really, you are actually more active and alive that you think! once you start comparing, you will think that you have very little energy left! :)
eg I thot I am like a sleepy hamster compared to you!
take k, eat well, do regular exercises, before long, you will energetic again.
love Fee

-->