Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Three Little Missionaries

Once upon a time, there were 3 little missionaries who wanted to go to faraway places to tell people about Jesus. So, they kiss their mummy and daddy goodbye and each went on their separate ways.

The 1st little missionary met a man carrying some straw.

The man said: Good morning, where are you going on this fine day?

1st missionary replied: Oh, good morning Mr Man, I’m on my way to training school. I’m going to learn how to be a missionary and then I want to go to the deepest darkest Africa to tell people about Jesus.

The man said: What? You are going to waste all your time training? No, no, no…you should go straight to Africa now, don’t waste your time. You will know what to do when you get there. Here, take this straw – just what you need to build a hut in deepest darkest Africa.

1st little missionary answered: Well, err…if you say so. Goodbye.

So, the 1st little missionary took the straw, caught a boat and sailed for Africa. When he arrived, the quickly built his straw hut. He had only just moved in when along came a Big Bad Wolf, who said: Little missionary, little missionary, let me come in.

1st little missionary said: No, no, not by the hair of my chiny chin chin, I wont let you in.

Wolf: Then I’ll huff and I’ll puff till I blow your house in.

So the big bad wolf huffed and he puffed, he huffed and he puffed and he blew the straw house in. The 1st little missionary had no place to stay. He went out to ask the villagers for help but because he had no training, he couldn’t speak the language and so, the 1st little missionary had to go home.

The 2nd little missionary met a man carrying some sticks.

Man: Good morning, where are you going this fine day?

2nd missionary: Oh, good morning Mr Man, I’m going to learn how to be a missionary in the jungles of South America.

Man: Oh, you are so lucky you met me. There, you can have these sticks to build a perfect hut for you in the jungle AND I also have this book to help train you for the job.

2nd missionary: But I also need a church to pray for me and help me with money so that I can do my work in America.

Man: No, no, no….you don’t need a church to support you. You can handle everything on your own. Go, take my sticks and this book. You’ll be fine.

2nd missionary: Well, if you say so…goodbye…

So, the 2nd little missionary took a plane and arrived in the jungles of South America. But as soon as he had built his house of sticks, who should come along but the big bad Wolf.

Wolf: Little missionary, little missionary, let me come in.

2nd missionary: No, no…by the hair of my chinny chin chin, I wont let you in.

Wolf: Then I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your house in.

So, the Big Bad Wolf huffed and he puffed, and he huffed and he puffed – until alas the house collapsed. The 2nd little missionary tried to build another house…but since he had no church supporting him and no money…he couldn’t and so had to leave to go home. He didn’t even have money to buy a plane ticket home and had to row a sampan home.

Now the 3rd little missionary set off. He had his missionary graduation certificate, dictionary of native languages, jungle training book, his bible, his how to build a strong house book and of course some money. On the way, he met a man carrying some bricks.

Man: Good morning, and where are you going on this fine day?

3rd missionary: Good morning, Mr Man. I am heading off to Bangladesh to tell people about Jesus.

Man: Well, I can see you are well prepared. Would you like some bricks to build a good strong home when you get there?

3rd little missionary: What a good idea! Thank you I will.

Soon the 3rd little missionary arrived in Bangladesh, where he quickly built his house of bricks. Just as well, for who should be lurking around the corner but….

Wolf: Little missionary, little missionary, let me come in.

3rd little missionary: No, no, not by the hair of my chiny chin chin, I wont let you in.

Wolf: Then I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your house in.

So, the Big Bad Wolf huffed and he puffed. And he huffed and he puffed. And he huffed and he puffed….but the brick house stood strong and he fell down completely out of breathe. So, he gave up trying to blow houses down and decided to be a vegetarian.

So, what can we learn from this story? What did the 1st missionary forgot to do? What did the 2nd missionary forgot to do? And what happened to them? So we have to remember this. If we want to be a missionary that go away to faraway places, we must have training, and we must have a church to pray and support us with money.

No comments:

-->