Thursday, April 10, 2008

Here I am ( again!)

Hi folks, I promised in my last message that I try not to go missing for so long so here I am again. I am keeping to my word ;-)

Just wanted to share a conversation I had with Adam ( my 5 year old boy) last night. He was lying in bed, after bed time story and lights are dimmed, playing with his huge array of soft toys on his bed. This is his routine every night. He gets his favourite soft toys ( always the same ten toys every night) and they will be having conversations and 'battles' with each other for about half hour before the 'director' falls asleep.

Anyway, he was playing with his red teddy bear when he suddenly asked me. I was in the room, reading by the bedside. Mum...how did Jesus made me? Did he stuff things into my body like this teddy bear?

CUTE.

Dad, who happened to be in the room, took over the conversation said, no...remember the egg and seed story we told you? ( we explained how babies are made about a year ago).....that's how you are made....when mum's egg met with dad's seed. Maybe he was being silly...or just to exasperate us...he said....mum's egg? Did she eat the egg boiled or fried?

FUNNY.

I told him...just close your eyes and go to bed please because mum has run out of answers.

NITE NITE!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hi Sue! It's truly amazing how 'alike' our kids are...5 or 6 and going on 35 (!) asking questions non-stop. Last year, Caitlin also asked a similar question, see here http://annatham.blogspot.com/2007/05/tough-questions.html

See also the Usborne Little Book of the Human Body where there is a chapter about Babies which is Caitlin's favourite chapter.

-->