Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The day in the life of a mum!

My son Adam has lately got into this habit of sticking out his tongue at people whom he feels has done him any wrongs. Most of the time the victims are his dad, mum, older sister and older brother. He doesn't do an outright sticking out tongue act but it is done in a very sly way - just a bit of tongue sticking out at the corner of his mouth - his way of rebelling. He knows he gets into big trouble with us for doing that and he has stood in many a corners just for that act of rebellion.

Anyway, he did it again to me yesterday. Can't remember what the matter of contention was but I saw it...a tiny pink tongue sticking out!

I asked him, are you sticking out your tongue at me? ( stupid question by the way, haven't I learn after three kids?)

Guess what he said, and said in a indignant way mind you....I am NOT sticking out my tongue at you, I am WETTING MY LIPS!

Don't think he got away with that answer but in hindsight, I must say he came up with a pretty reasonable excuse in a very short time!

No comments:

-->