Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Proud Mummy Moment!

Today is the 2nd day home with a sick child. Thank God he seems to be on the mend. Temperature is no longer 39 - 40 degrees, which was worrying. Spoke to the doctor this morning and she said, if the temperature doesn't go down by today ( he has had high fever since Friday evening), then he has to be hospitalized! Praying that the temperature stays down today. So far it has been OK.

Anyway, the proud mummy moment. We were watching Tarzan on TV. Well, he was watching, I was reading the Kite Runner ( the second time!) Adam was telling me that Tarzan was caught in a net by some bad guys.

I thought, aha....a teaching moment. I asked him, how do you know they are bad guys? You know what he said....I know they are bad guys because they did something bad to Tarzan. Then he said, you won't know a bad guy by looking at their faces, because the bad things are hidden in their hearts! ( that's my proud mummy moment)

Being a boy and the topic of bad guys and good guys are often raised in our house, I'm glad that he finally understood what I have been trying to teach him all this while. Appearance of a person doesn't show who you really are, its the intentions of the heart.

So, I'm happy today ;-)

No comments:

-->