Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Sweet 16 Birthday!

Was thinking of my sweet 16 birthday. I had a joint birthday party with a girl friend ( who is now a doctor in Penang) in my house with BOYS and girls - a dancing party! We both wore the same dress ( haha....) but different colour...and had flower pins on our hair. I told Amanda about my attire and she looked at me...speechless ( hehe....)

Still remember the dress...white in colour with pink flowers and of course pink flowers on the pin too ( must match right?)

I agonized over what I should wear for days, went window shopping ( I was living in small town Taiping so selection ain't that great), agonized over who we should invite, what food we should serve....looking back now, my mum is a saint to put up with me ( she still is now....)

I sms mum just now and reminded her of my sweet 16. She promptly said her granddaughter Amanda is much more matured than me at that age. Not FAIR ( stomp my feet!) Should I be angry or happy?

Amanda had a few friends over, made a humongous bowl of jello and yoghurt....and went out for a pizza dinner. Two of her friends slept over....they composed a song for her, gave her a CD...and a few small gifts...and she said, this is her best birthday celebration ever!

Well, my sweet 16 was pretty good too....memorable....( hey, that is why till this day I can remember what I wore)

No comments:

-->