Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stepmother

Last night, when Adam was rolling about in bed - supposed to be asleep by then but having one of those talkative moments - asked me...mum, what is a step mother? I was a bit surprised to hear him say that word because I made a conscious effort not to read fairy tales to him ( because not realistic and can be frightening at times too)

He told me there is a step mother in Cinderella...( must have heard it in school)

Told him step mother is a new mummy if daddy marries again...

What happened to the old mummy. he asked? Die ah?

Maybe, I said....or don't want to stay with daddy anymore ( I was thinking....jeez, this is why I didnt want to read fairy tales to him)

Then came the question.....are you my step mother?

Daddy said...no, mummy is not your step mother, she is you real mummy ( what ever that means)

Adam: Are step mothers bad?

Daddy: No, not all....some bad, some are good.

Adam: Is grandma a step mother?

Mummy: Please go to sleep now!

Adam: OK, goodnite mummy.... I love you infinity!

No comments:

-->